1990 V4 140hp sick. Help!

FlyHi

Recruit
New to the forum here. Contains a weath of info I have searched already. I need some help with a new purchase I made. Boat is a 1990 Hurricane Fundeck. Motor is a 1990 V4 140hp Johnson. The VRO original fuel pump has been replaced with a (manufac. ???) #438659 fuel pump 1 in 2 out ports. Has a Parker/Recor fuel water separator. On its maiden voyage she idled fair. When opening her up, it took approx a full minute to jump to plane (2persons on board). Stopped at a sand bar for lunch and took off again after about an hour. This time at full throttle she ran for about a minute and died. She'd only run at idle. After a few minutes she wouldn't start at all. Towed her to the house. Replaced all fuel lines, including the primer lines.. Dumped the fuel tank, put in new gas. cleaned the screen in the fuel pump (had crap in the intake port), check fuel flow out of the pump (has flow not sure of the pressure), checked and regapped the plugs (NGK B8HS), rebuilt all 4 carbs, checked for spark, good, checked compression (all within 10%), and cleaned and tightened all electrical connections. Took her out again after all this and she idled ok, but when I opened it up she died. She idles ok, but when she gets about 1500 she starts to die and WOT she dies.. What else should I check or revisit?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1990 V4 140hp sick. Help!

Did you do a link & synk after you overhauled the carbs?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Have you tried pumping the primer bulb when it wants to die ??

FlyHi

Recruit

Did you do a link & synk after you overhauled the carbs?

No I did not. Never have done a Link n Sink, don't know the process. Is their a link here for the process?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

You may want to check the top secret files at the begining of this forum.