Solas VE-RB-1 correct hub for Volvo SX?

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer
I ordered a VE-RB-1 to be pressed in to a SS prop. I received it today and it is a 15 spline hub. I was fairly certain I ordered the right hub but am trying to figure out what happened. Can anyone verify the correct Solas rubber hub for a Volvo SX drive? Thanks!

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Solas VE-RB-1 correct hub for Volvo SX?

Course coreection..19 tooh spline on the sx...

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah I know that I need a 19 spline, now I am just trying to figure out if I screwed up or the warehouse.

jestor68

Commander

The Solas web site has a list of all their hub kits. Did you check there?

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah that is where I got the part number. I am just trying to be certain that I ordered the right part. I sent solas an email but not sure when I will hear back from them. I thought this would be much easier. How hard can it be to get the right hub for an SS prop and an SX drive?

I was hoping that someone had done this before or had to order a pressed in hub for a Vovlo outdrive.

jestor68

Commander

The Solas web site listing says RBX-105 is the hub kit for the SX drive. You can download the instruction sheet(pdf file) that lists the rubber hub as being part # 81013250.

Most places just sell the complete RBX-105 hub kit.

We are talking about a Solas Rubex prop? If it's a traditional rubber hub, that part number won't apply.

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah it is a traditional pressed rubber hub. I might just give up on this old SS prop...