engine stalls past idle

mekim

Recruit
I have a sunbird sizzler with an omc 115 turbo jet. I just bought it this spring. I had it tuned up and checked over. Everything went great for the first two months now the engine will idle ok but one I accelerate it stalls and i need to pump the bulb again. I replaced the bulb, fuel line, fuel filter spark. No difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Pp

fireman57

Captain
Re: engine stalls past idle

Sounds like you have an air leak around your fuel pump or a connector that is allowing air in the system and you are losing your prime. The primer bulb only pumps fuel to the carb to fill them before starting after that the fuel pump pulls it from the tank. If you have an air leak then the fuel pump can't do it's job. It is also possible that the fuel pump has gone south. Have someone pump the primer bulb while you try to accelerate. If it picks up and goes then your pump is bad, if it makes no difference then I would start by checking for cracked fuel lines or any place that air can get in. Also, make sure that your fuel tank vent is open.