kawasaki 750 jet ski

750junkie

Recruit
My ski runs great for around 15 or 20 minutes then it boggs down is how i would describe it . it will stay running and idle just fine but has no power. You can shut it off and give it a bit and it comes back to life but does it all over again. Any suggestions thanks 750 junkie

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: kawasaki 750 jet ski

It could be any number of things. First, check the compression of each cylinder. Next, check spark by pulling each plug out and with it in the boot, lay it down on the head and crank it over and see how good the spark is. If both of those check out ok, then you have a fuel problem somewhere. Maybe the carbs' needles and seats are shot. Report back with compression numbers and how good the spark is and we'll go from there.

bently

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would look into the stator for issues, you are describing "heat soak" effect on the electrial components. If it runs fine when cold or cooled off it is not a fuel issue, heat affect electrical components and makes them work speratically. There are several coils in the stator assembly and loosing one or two will cause different issues but still allow it to idle like you have stated.

eltonrosas

Recruit

I have the exact same problem to the t! I had the carbs cleaned and rebuilt! The weird thing is, is that if I play with the choke when it starts bogging down then it will work, and when that stops working I turn the gas off and let it die out, then turn the gas on again and it runs fine for a while.

Weird thing is I don't have these problems the 1st 15min -25min of use.

Anyone? Where can I find a stator? I have a 95 kawasaki sts 750 I think it's the jt 750

bently

Petty Officer 1st Class

The '95 750's have a stator that only works for that specific year, becareful when buying a stator. I have a 95' stator but it needs to be rewound the starter benix let loose and pieces dinged up the coils.

http://www.statorkev.com/index.html

This guy does really good work he may do jet ski stators if you ask him.

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class

I actually have a stator from a 95 motor in fine shape. If interested, PM me with an offer.