LED's in an RV?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Anybody switched over to LED lights in their RV yet, if so, what was your experience? I don't like the blue/white light, but have been reading about the warm/white and quite a few seemed to be quite pleased with them, a bit expensive, but it seems as if the color temp is right, the low power consumption and long life would more than make up for the price.

Thanks in advance.

halfmoa

Ensign
Re: LED's in an RV?

Not mine, but a buddy switched all the 12V lights that operate off the onboard battery over to LEDs. We left 3 small 12V fans on overnight, outside light on 24hrs, 2 indoor lights on the entire time, and random lights off and on for a weekend and only drained 30% of the battery. Conversely, my camper has the old 25w incandescent lights and it'll kill the battery in a matter of hours if you leave 2 of them on... Money well spent IMHO.

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer
Re: LED's in an RV?

I didn't like the old LED's because they would only "spot" and like you I didn't like the blue/white light.
I haven't looked at the newer ones that came out (mostly because of cost) but I have been thinking of getting a few LED tractor lights to mount on the outside. Maybe one by the door and one facing rear that can double as a back up light or to hook up the trailer at night...
I like these but they're still pricey around here.
images.jpg