Need help with what year is my motor?

BigJohn43

Recruit
I bought a twin pair of 2 stroke, Johnson 150 outboards but they are older and I can't find the identification sticker anywhere. I believe it got painted over or removed?
I did find a number on a round disc, on top of the motor. 150940C Is this the model number and can anyone help me with what year it might be? Actually I would appreciate any info. you can give me about this motor since I'm new to boating scene. Thanks

82rude

Rear Admiral
Re: Need help with what year is my motor?

i believe you have 150 hp 1979.if im wrong somebody will chime in.found number at crowley marine.

82rude

Rear Admiral

also that number comes up as evinrude.brp shows it as evinrude also and 20 inch transom.diff between johnson and evinrude is johnson is evinrude reject ,lol.seriously their the same for this year.

BigJohn43

Recruit

Thank you for the info. I have to fess up though. I was going off what the guy that sold them to me said. He was calling them a Johnson but it doesn't say Johnson on the motors. All it has is the Horse looking logo and 150 on the the cowling. So from what you are telling me I have a 2 , 150 Evinrude motors? Again forgive my ignorance, lol but is that a better? I thought Johnson and Evinrude were kind of the same thing?