i am in the process of wiring my boat will this work thanks

Attachments

• boat wiring.jpg
    boat wiring.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: will this wiring diagram work

Gauges are not powered from a fuse panel. They get +12 volts from the "I" terminal on the ignition switch for an I/O or the "A" terminal on the ignition switch for an outboard. You show a 60 amp fuse in the +12 volt lead from the battery to what appears to be the positive bus. The wire in that circuit must then also be capable of carrying that much current or it will burn up before the fuse blows. The switch for the NAV lights must be a three terminal (ON-OFF-ON) with a diode or a six terminal (also ON-OFF-ON). An option is the push-pull type switch made especially for NAV lights.

slogen

Seaman

I don't want it wired through the ignition I want it wired separately through toggles the main wire is 4 gauge wire from batery to stereo amp
Then the rest is bused through 16 gauge wire

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Why do you want gauges wired through a separate toggle switch. Only the gauges get wired through the ignition switch so that when the key is on the gauges are active. It makes no sense whatsoever to have them on a separate switch since with the key off and the toggle on they wouldn't read anyway -- except for the voltmeter if you have one.

the red square before the gauges and pumps is a fuse block? if not it needs to be or the biege pump will melt if it jams before the inline fuse pops. there are 2 wiring harnesses to a boat so silvertips is correct in saying that the gauges should get power from the engine harness as they only need to be on when the engine is running. if the amp requires a 60amp inline fuse then carry a jump pack because if this is for your rebuilt boat the merc 115 outboard will not put out enoght ampage to keep up with the stereo. not sure what max output of the tower of power is but im guessing 10amp/hr so the amp/stereo is proberly going to suck down 30-40 amps/hr (depending on volume) from the battery more than what the engine puts in so after a few hours even with the motor running the battery could be flat

slogen

Seaman

the red square before the gauges and pumps is a fuse block? if not it needs to be or the biege pump will melt if it jams before the inline fuse pops. there are 2 wiring harnesses to a boat so silvertips is correct in saying that the gauges should get power from the engine harness as they only need to be on when the engine is running. if the amp requires a 60amp inline fuse then carry a jump pack because if this is for your rebuilt boat the merc 115 outboard will not put out enoght ampage to keep up with the stereo. not sure what max output of the tower of power is but im guessing 10amp/hr so the amp/stereo is proberly going to suck down 30-40 amps/hr (depending on volume) from the battery more than what the engine puts in so after a few hours even with the motor running the battery could be flat
Ahhh, I c. I will wire the gauges through the ignition. As for the stereo I think I will run it off a separate battery. I already tested out the stereo with amp and 10"sub and two six by nine speakers with one of those little kids jeep battery's and it lasted a few hrs. Thanks for all the help.