where are the fuses?

acula28

Seaman Apprentice
First off i must admit that im a retard when i comes to electricity. With tjay said .... i turned on my nav lights on my 1992 sea ray 200 bowrider and a few seconds later i heard a click and the lights went out. Plus my depth finder is not working. So i just picked up some fuses and assumed that would be the problem. But now my real problem is finding the fuses. I cant find them anywhere. I assumed also that there would be a fuse box. But i cant find em anywhere! What am i missing? Are there even fuses? Confused on this

Re: where are the fuses?

first off not all boats have fuses some have breakers. there are 2 types used which are manual and auto reset breakers. both will make a clicking sound when tripped but one will self reset and the other requires you to push the reset button back in. http://www.iboats.com/Marine-Electr...egory.f--session_id.566442548--view_id.248072
all diffrent types of breakers. look under the dash or close to the battery you should be able to find something that looks like a breaker. you proberly have a short somewhere in the nav light circuit. if you turn off everything and wait 5 mins it might self reset either way you will have to track down and fix the problem.

acula28

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks alot for the help. I guess this might be a job for the pros.

look under the dash first. if its hard to get under there just use a digital camera or a phone camera to take pics so you dont have to crawl around then look for a fuse box or little silver cans with wires going to them

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The more obvious place to look is right next to the switches. There are often white buttons next to the switches that are the reset buttons for the circuit breaker for that circuit. If a circuit breaker popped, you need to determine "why" it popped. I assure you, on a 1992 boat there are fuses or circuit breakers "somewhere".

acula28

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks so much for the timely responses everyone. Now i have a better idea what to look for i might be able to do some good.

Sunspots

Cadet

Don't know if they changed the design, but on my 1989 Sea Ray 180 BR, the fuse is right next to the switch.

acula28

Seaman Apprentice

Thats probably where they are, i was looking for an actual box with all the fuses in it. As i said, im an electrical retard