Are the mounts compatible?? Removing 90' Merc 115HP W/PT and Installn 70' Merc 135hp

Voltelectric

Recruit
I Just bought Sea Ray with a nice hull that has a 1990 Merc 115 with 65 PSI on cyl # 4. I have an Excellent running 1970 Merc 135 thats on an old Reinell Hull. The Sea Ray has the 115 monted on it currently and it is equipped with Power Trim and hydraulic steering. I would like to remove the 1970 and install it on this new Sea Ray and try to use the existing mounting brackets to keep the controls the same as well as the power trim. I am wondering if this is possible and what would have to happen with the wiring and such. Im a boating newbie but am pretty mechanically savvy. Wondering if there are any GURUS out there that are familiar with the mountings of these older motors. Below are some generic pictures of the motors.Mercury 115.jpgreinell Boat.jpg

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Are the mounts compatible?? Removing 90' Merc 115HP W/PT and Installn 70' Merc 1

Wiring is different, PTT is completely different, control cables will work. The wiring can be adapted, but you must use the PTT unit from the Merc 135HP IL6. Steering will be adaptable.

Voltelectric

Recruit
Re: Are the mounts compatible?? Removing 90' Merc 115HP W/PT and Installn 70' Merc 1

Wiring is different, PTT is completely different, control cables will work. The wiring can be adapted, but you must use the PTT unit from the Merc 135HP IL6. Steering will be adaptable.

- For the wiring: Can I just caut the plug off the 135 and splice the proper wires in? Is that the best way
- For the controls: Will they just bolt right on, or do I have to adapt it somehow?
-How do I adapt the steering? Is there kits for this?

Thanks very much for your help.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner

Swaps between inline sixes might be possible but not with the 2+2 fours