Best Electric Pump for Inflatables?

bgreen1347

Recruit
Just getting back into the inflatable world with a Sevylor HF360, and it's bigger than I've owned in the past I think it's time for an electric pump, and I'm wondering what ever recommends as a good economical option.

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Best Electric Pump for Inflatables?

Your title and post are contradictions. Check into Bravo pumps. I would recommend one with a gauge, and the "best" have a digital gauge, hi/low volume settings, rechargeable batteries, and auto shutoff.

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Best Electric Pump for Inflatables?

And an alternate suggestion, which is what I use for my Sevylor HF360 is the basic Coleman (plugs into your lighter) pump. It is probably not the 'best' and has no pressure guage, but it is economical (<$20), fast and almost guaranteed (my words) not to overinflate your boat. Topping it off for that extra pressure, with a hand pump, I have not found to be necessary. Without a doubt, get an electric pump. The D cell battery version will not be strong enough and the ones that are rechargable are more expensive and lose their capacity over time. You will find having the car close to where you want to inflate, an issue at times so hopefully you will, in the future, be able to get a portable power supply such as you might have to jump start a car and they have a cigarette lighter sort of plug in. I've found them as low as $20 but use a Black and Decker one that was ~$50 and has extra features.

I store my boat in a tub e.g. Sterlite, RubberMaid, etc. and inflate on site. At the end of the day, reverse the nozzles and deflate 2 or 3 of the largest chambers to make it less bulky, and back in the tub it goes!