AQ 151 and pertronix ignation question??

sniper2320

Cadet
Hi everyone, I'm seeking some help with installing a pertronix ignation on my AQ151..
First off I was having re-starting problems once the boat was out in the water and running for 20min or so, after I switch her off see didnt want to start again so I was able to trouble shoot that I had a bad coil, that read 1.7 ohms.. I soon bought a flame thrower coil and she fired up all the time like no tomorrow..I must say I was so happy with my performance coil that I went out a bought a pertronix ignation kit to elimate the points.. My question to y'all is the red and black leads from the pertronix module, do I hook up the black lead to the wire that I unplug from the condencer or should I hook it straight to the negative side of the coil?? And do I hook the red lead to the positive side of the coil?? The reason I ask is I read somewhere that the black lead should be hook befor a resistor or else the pertronix will burn out...
I re hook up the orignal wire that was on the positive side of the coil and also the red lead from the pertronix module and for the negative side I had to keep the original wire hooked up so my tach works and I put the black wire from the pertronix module to the negative side also and I taped up the end that I pulled out from the condencer...please someone shine some Light on the right way to hook the pertronix module up?? Thanks!!