Water in OIl - Cleaning Residue

boomer451

Recruit
Mercruiser 4.3L - Water has gotten into my oil and I have extracted the milky mixture...I'm changing the filter but before I refill the oil and try to start the engine is there any additive or method of cleaning any remaining residue? Would the pan have to be pulled and cleaned out? I'm concerned that if I refill and there is residue, the new oil would just get contaminated again - or would it burn off as the engine ran? Dumb and Desparate...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Water in OIl - Cleaning Residue

Mercruiser 4.3L - Water has gotten into my oil and I have extracted the milky mixture...I'm changing the filter but before I refill the oil and try to start the engine is there any additive or method of cleaning any remaining residue? Would the pan have to be pulled and cleaned out? I'm concerned that if I refill and there is residue, the new oil would just get contaminated again - or would it burn off as the engine ran? Dumb and Desparate...

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Yes, there'll be residue, 'n Yes, it'll steam off when the motor is run hard enough to build good heat...

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: Water in OIl - Cleaning Residue

Change the oil at least three times,when it comes out clean you should be good to go. You can use the cheapest oil you can find for the changes,last change use the good stuff.
Grub