Merchatsu 25hp 2 stroke Sea Pro vs. Mercury 25hp 2 stroke

ThebrazilNut

Recruit
On my skiff I currently have a 2003 Mercury 25hp 2 stroke and wanted to know how it compared to the Mercury Sea Pro converted to 30hp speed wise with all things being equal. I have been told that a low hour Mercury 25hp has been dyno tested at 33hp. Any side by side performance numbers?

ThebrazilNut

Recruit
Re: Merchatsu 25hp 2 stroke Sea Pro vs. Mercury 25hp 2 stroke

I tried just to PM you, but couldn't.LOL Well, I will be getting a 2008 Sea Pro upgraded to a 30hp next week and I will see how much of a difference 5hp or so will make. I have a near mint 1993 50hp, short shaft Tohatsu Tiller and have been wanting to buy a 25hp Sea Pro(Older Mint Tohatsu's are the s**t), could not justify spending $2800(AFI Marine) when I already had a couple Mercury 25hp 2 strokes and thought the performance gain would be minimal. I found a skiff the this motor(Close to mint) and could not pass it up.

If you or anyone is interested in in what I find let me know by posting in the thread. I'll test both with a Power Tech S.S. 3 blade, cupped 12 pitch and let you know what I find

GURU,

I have seen a few and have basic knowledge of building a push/pull unit on my grab bar for shifting. Would you happen to have info on this or direct me to information about building one?

Thanks,

Darin

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Merchatsu 25hp 2 stroke Sea Pro vs. Mercury 25hp 2 stroke

Don't play with prop size or pitch without installing an induction tach or suffer the consequences. For 30 HP top speed, max 5,850 rpm at wot for 25 HP, 6 K with just you alone. 5 HP more makes all the difference between both horses.

Happy Boating