Lowrance x4 automatic sensitivity

henkee

Cadet
When i have automatic sensitivity on my sonar lowrance x4 it almost always choose 100% sensitivity.

Especially if it deeper than 50% of the scale it shows

For example, if it is 4 m deep and the scale is 0-6 m and if it is 7 m deep and the scale is 0-10 m

Is your exactly the same or is my transducer bad?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lowrance x4 automatic sensitivity

I've yet to see a machine that worked worth a darn in auto. Adjust manually and you will not have a problem

henkee

Cadet

I've yet to see a machine that worked worth a darn in auto. Adjust manually and you will not have a problem

Ok, but the thing is that 100% sensitivity don?t make any clutter on the screen if it?s deeper than 50&% on the deep range i?m in, sometimes i want to have more sensitivity.

it seems that the output power is depending on the zoom range.

If i choose 0-20m and are in 5 m of water i must reduce the sensitivity much so avoid black screen, but if i are in 0-10 m deep range i can have almost full sensitivity.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Ok, but the thing is that 100% sensitivity don?t make any clutter on the screen if it?s deeper than 50&% on the deep range i?m in, sometimes i want to have more sensitivity.

it seems that the output power is depending on the zoom range.

If i choose 0-20m and are in 5 m of water i must reduce the sensitivity much so avoid black screen, but if i are in 0-10 m deep range i can have almost full sensitivity.
I'm not familiar with that particular Lawrance unit, but it sounds like the range setting is adjusting the output.

I run a Furuno and the range setting controls the output but........the ranges are adjustable so I can fine tune the range settings as well. You may have similar capabilities