1965 33 hp evinrude

pontiacs51

Recruit
i am trying to rewire a switch for my electric choke... i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the electric choke on my motor?
also where the wires need to go?
thank you

lindy46

Captain
Re: 1965 33 hp evinrude

The choke solenoid sits on the bottom of the carb and has one wire going to it. That is the positive, 12 volt wire. The solenoid grounds through the mounting strap. Apply 12 volts to that wire and it activates the solenoid. What kind of ignition switch do you have? One with a "push to choke" key or one with a separate choke button?

pontiacs51

Recruit

The choke solenoid sits on the bottom of the carb and has one wire going to it. That is the positive, 12 volt wire. The solenoid grounds through the mounting strap. Apply 12 volts to that wire and it activates the solenoid. What kind of ignition switch do you have? One with a "push to choke" key or one with a separate choke button?

i have the start wired to a push button and the choke to a seperate push button.

lindy46

Captain

Just run a jumper for the 12 volt wire from the hot side of the start button to the choke button. Then run a wire from the other side of the choke button back to the choke solenoid.