New wakeboard

goduke21

Recruit
I just started to wakeboard a couple of months ago. We have a glastron gt205 with no wake tower. I have recently learned how to jump the entire wake. I have a 2005 hyperlite motive 140. I like the board but was wondering if a new board would be better or has the designs basically stayed the same. I don't use fins in the board and would now like to start doing some new tricks. Is my board fine or would a new board be better.

Dave.Mishchenko

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New wakeboard

If you're looking for something new your local shop might have some demos. Likewise for cable parks - I beleive Liquid Force affiliated cable parks will have demo models on hand to try - http://www.liquidforce.com/camps-parks.html.

In your position I would look at something like learnwake.com - lots of good training and you can get feedback on your own videos.

ThreeMileBayWaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New wakeboard

The board you have is fine. Get the basics honed in this season, then start looking for a newer more advanced board. Being able to demo a board is pretty sweet if you can fix a shop that does it, I have no such luck up near me. TS W2W and HS W2W, riding switch, and 180* are a place to start and get those down.

Are you running any ballast in your gt205? I've got to have 5 ppl or at least 800-1000lbs in mine before I can get it to roll a wake decent enough to clear a W2W, that I don't have to really load the line for serious speed.