9.9 gamefisher driveshaft broke

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class
Model #217-586251 Serial#28-232135 Ok, I've been on here and on the phone and cannot find a replacement driveshaft. 25" long. Please help.:confused:

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 9.9 gamefisher driveshaft broke

The motor is white, mine is black. What's the difference?

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, 117 views and no response. Must be a rare motor, or so easy to find parts your thinking what a dummy. :)

M

mrcrabs

I have a shaft from a deluxe, I will cross check the part no.s today, its not that they are rare its that almost al of them have a different part no. due to length and bearings used and Eska twin lower units are hard to tear up.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you mrcabs. It is a friends motor. I will call him for more info. He bent it somehow, drug it while towing with the motor down I believe. Straightened it out. I t worked for a while then twisted in two. I think. Yes, broke the lower unit.

Last edited:
M

mrcrabs

the part number's don't match and I really didn't expect them too, but if you could get a measurement I will double check that just in case its close, you have to keep a close eye on these Eska lower units as to what fits what...it all may look the same but believe me if they could change it from year to year they did, you need to be double careful when buying ebay parts

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, I've been looking on there for lower units, all kinds of them. He said the shaft was 25" and about 3/8. Does he need to use a mic? Will other lower units bolt to this powerhead? Should he just look for another motor and save that one for parts?

M

mrcrabs

I know where a lower unit is or was for that last generation Eska 9.9 which seems to be what you have, I got some stuff from A nice fella in California posting on ebay and he has it, http://myworld.ebay.com/ronv9187/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754 His name is Ron, he wanting about $100 but its nice with a complete new water pump housing and impeller, I think it didn't sell but you could contact him and see if he's still got it, he had a 9.9 hood and tiller pan for sale too. I save pictures some place of the lower...its white and the prop was nice

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks mrcrabs. It was sold. Tim is going to bring the motor down so I can do some measuring and find something that will work. He do'nt have internet.