Cleaning carpet, seats plus....

capecodtodd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello
I'm not sure if this is in the right section but here goes.

OK now I'm getting frustrated. Have you ever spent $10 on the latest cleaning solution and it doesn't do a thing? Attwood Mildew stain remover and yes I followed the directions.
My 1998 Stingray looks like a mess and it is really bugging me. I like to keep things clean so maybe you experts can guide me to a miracle solution to clean my dirt. I have 3 different surfaces to be cleaned.
1 I have spotty black marks on my off white vinyl seats that look like mildew and they seem to be impervious to anything including a mild bleach formula. I tried it out of frustration.
2 my tan carpet has patches of green on it
3 my steering wheel and a few other textured plastic pieces like hand grips have the same black marks on them as the seats do. You can sit on and rub the black marks but they don't come off on skin or clothes so that is good but it sure looks bad.

What can I use to clean these messes up? Any home remedies or highly recommended and personally used with great success over the counter solutions?
Thanks. Todd

krono

Cadet
Re: Cleaning carpet, seats plus....

I hear you on the vinyl black spots...haven't found anything yet that works. I think they are permanant stains. 409, water and a lot of elbow grease helped on my carpet stains, though. Even got some grease stains out.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

My wife got some cleaner that was recommended by one of our dock neighbors call "All Off" This stuff is truly amazing and it really does what it says. For car[eting, believe it or not, we have had great success using that Oxy Clean stuff you see on the tv ad's. Works great for us.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Try a 'Magic Eraser' combined with some 'Black streak remover' for you vinyl.

It will not be an instant removal..just keep working it.

YD.