saving 7.5 gamefisher

woodsailboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1977 7.5 gamefisher that I just lost in the lake last night and hauld it out this morning from about 10 ft down, it was in for about 15 hrs but I think I can save it, when I brought it home I took the carb, gas tank and, the plug off. I found that the plug had no spark but the cord sure lit me up so I think the system is fine its just the plug so Im geting one tommorow. I put some wd-40 in the cylinder and the reed valve and it spun really smooth so I think every thing is alright but if you know some thing else I need to do please let me know thanks.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer
Re: saving 7.5 gamefisher

You may have to put the hair dryer to the coil - warm it up till you don't really like pickin' it up. The sooner you fire it back up and cook off all the water, the better. I hope it wasn't salt water.

woodsailboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I got it to run for about 8 mins but after I shut it off I could not get it to start again, I took the carb off twice and cleaned it but still got nothing.

woodsailboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I took the carb off one more time and when I took the brass bolt that holds the float bowl in place out I saw that the the small pin hole on the side of the bolt was clogged with debris so I cleaned it out, put it all back together and it fire right up and ran better than ever. There is just nothing that will break these old eska's, there bullet proof.