Big Practical Joke

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
All Craigslist ads that appeared today........... I know someone who went out of there way who was looking for a boat and when he arrived...... the homeowner never placed any of the ads. He asked my fried if he was there for the cars? boat? motorcycle? and just laughed. I understand he had hundreds of visitors and some with flatbeds :eek:

It was either a big joke or big payback!!!

Aug 12 - 2005 ninja 600 2300 miles - $500 (brandon vt) motorcycles/scooters - by owner

Aug 12 - 1968 corvette need work all there - $1200 (brandon vt) barter

Aug 12 - sold my house, got junk trucks for free, need to be gone - (brandon vt ) cars & trucks - by owner

Aug 12 - free fishing boat all there runs good - (brandon vt ) boats - by owner

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Big Practical Joke

I'm sure the home owner was "thrilled"

Bob_VT

Staff member

They said they guy was laughing and had a good sense of humor about it.

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

That's good to hear. Hopefully the ad's have been removed now.

I once had a guy cheat me in a business deal and I had no legal recourse. Guess he figured he'd been out done after I placed an add in the newspaper offering a free Thanks Giving dinner at his home address in the local paper on Nov 23. I got a Christmas card and a good check from him that year.

My bet is that this isn't a practical joke, it's payback.

Bob_VT

Staff member

The ads are still posted on VT Craigslist and yes I suspect it is a payback too. I actually laughed a bit at the no money expended way and no real harm done. Posting the address in the ads was good.