how to adjust trim tab anode on alpha one

mt_bulldawg

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,

I've got an alpha one lower unit on my '90 Ciera 2250. Have only had it out a few times this year, and I've notice after planing off that although I'm going in a straight line, I'm listing to the port side noticeably. Adjustment of port trim tab helps a little, but still a noticeable list. Well, last nite, after I got home from lake I noticed the trim tab anode is trailing off sharply to the port side. But what I don't see is the screw to loosen that up so I can adjust it - not underside or topside of where it mounts on. How do I adjust the angle of that anode?

Thanks in advance.

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: how to adjust trim tab anode on alpha one

The anode fin is adjusted by a single bolt. There is a hole on top of the drive right above the anode, just big enough for the allen-wrench to fit through. Sometimes there is a plastic cap that needs to be popped off that covers the access hole.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The trim tab anode does not adjust the boat for a list, only for the steering pulling to one side or the other while on plane. If your boat is actually listing (leaning to one side), you need boat trim tabs to cure that, not the trim tab anode.

mt_bulldawg

Seaman Apprentice

I have trim tabs as noted in original message. They are functioning.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have trim tabs as noted in original message. They are functioning.

The trim tab ANODE on the drive still has nothing to do with the boat listing.