2010 Yamaha 225HP 4 Stroke Warranty Question

Tomballl Tiger

Recruit
I have a 2 year old 225 that I am having serviced with 110 hours. They found that water had gotten into the lower unit as the oil was milkey. No reason for seal failurre like fishing like around the prop and no damage to the Lower Unit due to striking something submerged. If it appears to be seal failure, wouldn't repairs be warranty work? I am hearing after 1 year no, it is considered Maintanence.......Sure doesnt make much sense. Any comments?

Thanks

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 2010 Yamaha 225HP 4 Stroke Warranty Question

That is correct. Seals not covered under warranty. I had one last year that I had to argue with Yamaha over. The seal had been installed incorrectly and leaked and after an act of congress, they covered it. Then they chewed me out for telling the customer it would be covered without talking to them first.

Tomballl Tiger

Recruit
Re: 2010 Yamaha 225HP 4 Stroke Warranty Question

That is correct. Seals not covered under warranty. I had one last year that I had to argue with Yamaha over. The seal had been installed incorrectly and leaked and after an act of congress, they covered it. Then they chewed me out for telling the customer it would be covered without talking to them first.

Thanks Capt. Sure as heck doesn't make any sense. I'm just glad I took it in and they found water had gotten insdie the Lower Unit. That would have been a very expensive non-warranty repair.