Missing Bolt!

acarter92

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm re-installing my lower unit, after I had a bent prop shaft repaired. It's been off the boat for about 3 weeks and somehow I misplaced a bolt.

It's an 87' 70hp evinrude. It's one of the bolts that hold the lower unit on directly above the leading edge of the prop, directly in front of the anti-corrosion thingy. Anybody know what size this is. I'm guessing it's about 4" long, but it's bigger than 3/8". I want to go get one, but don't want to have to buy 20 bolts and see which one fits. So anybody know the exact size?

It's #70 in the diagram. http://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/45936.cfm

Thanks in advance,
Austin

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Missing Bolt!

Next size larger than 3/8" is 7/16". Those are not real common. Is it the one that holds the zinc anode? If so, it is likely avail at places that sell anodes. Of course a BRP Dealer will likely have it. Order off crowleymarine website?

acarter92

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Missing Bolt!

Next size larger than 3/8" is 7/16". Those are not real common. Is it the one that holds the zinc anode? If so, it is likely avail at places that sell anodes. Of course a BRP Dealer will likely have it. Order off crowleymarine website?

Just found it through an extensive google search :). It's a 7/16"x 3 3/4". Hardware store doesn't have any, not even non-stainless. I guess I'll try lowes.

It isn't the one that holds the anode, it's right in front of that.

Thanks,
Austin