Pulling 2.5...

sinkinfast

Recruit
Well this is my first post so I will intoduce myself a little. My name is Mark and I know nothing about boats,I dont even own one!<br /><br />However I have recently been drafted for what I thought would be a simple project.I had no problem with the idea of swapping the motors untill I was told I just cant pull the starter and remove the bolts from the flywheel to the drive(?-trans..)and pull this busted OMC 2.5 out.<br /><br />I am Mechanically capable of this, I have done a few motor swaps but the manual shows very few pics and for a guy who has never pulled a marine engine this is troublesome.<br /><br />Now for what I know at the current moment.<br /><br />Almost nothing.<br />Its an OMC 2.5 and its in the boat,lol.<br />I dont know where to look for numbers to help you guys out here but I can post pictures if anybody is willing to help. :confused: <br /><br />The owners a good friend and I will be taking care of this machine once its running too so Ive got a lot of reading ahead of me!<br /><br />Thank you in advance,<br /> Mark<br /><br />-Dont bash the noob too hard.... :eek:

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Pulling 2.5...

What year OMC?<br /><br />Oh, and welcome to Iboats.

sinkinfast

Recruit

Well thats going to be a trick question,I'll have the answer for you tomorow.I do believe the replacement is of a different year however the blocks are the same.<br /><br />I will make the call for all the info that I dont have and will record any s/n p/n that I can find on the boats/engines.<br /><br />I apologize in advance for not knowing all the terms for the parts/sections but everything rear of the block is new to me!!<br /><br />Thank you for your reply and I will post the info as soon as I can along with pics.If I cant make it home at lunch I get out of work at 6:30EST.<br /><br />Thanks again<br />Mark

KaGee

Admiral

Just checking for what drive you have there. Makes a slight difference how you pull the motor.