Yamaha 1100 Wave Raider 1997 . Unique Bogging issue during accleration from idel

madbull

Recruit
Hello
I have read through dozens of different forms trying to find a root cause for my problem, I have not been successful yet. I will try to make this really short and to the point.

Model:
Yamaha 1100 Wave Raider 1997
@195 hours.
Running Premix.

Problem:
Bogging down under acceleration AFTER it has been in the water for some time. When I put the Jet ski in, for the first 15 -20 min it runs and accelerates great, it is only when it has been in the water for a bit when it starts bogging down.. When it bogs down I have to let go off the throttle and slow pull the throttle in to build up the revs and then it takes off and runs fine. It is only when I go from idle to high rev.

If I put the Ski in the water and let it sit for 15-20 min and then take off the problem shows up. So is it possible that it has some to do with it just sitting in water? :confused:

When the bogging issue starts It is only there 50% of the time. Half of the time I will pull the throttle in and it will take off just fine the other 50% it bogs down and I have to let of the throttle. :facepalm:

Solution I have tried:
Clean and Rebuild Carb (still has original jets and diaphragm)
Visual all electrical wires
new spark plugs
New fuel filter
Cleaned the fuel tank.

I really don?t have the money to just start throwing parts at it, and nor the time to pull the whole thing apart. Any Help will be greatly appreciated

Marathon Man

Cadet
Re: Yamaha 1100 Wave Raider 1997 . Unique Bogging issue during accleration from idel

What are your plugs gapped at? Running NGK's, right?

lugster84

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Yamaha 1100 Wave Raider 1997 . Unique Bogging issue during accleration from idel

Mine (94 wave raider) bogs down as well, was it difficult to rebuild the carbs? Also, do you know how to look where the spark plug wires go into the electrcal box? I cannot tell how to remove the cover of the electrical box? Mine started bogging (missing) after it was flipped and hasn't been the same since.

madbull

Recruit

Mine (94 wave raider) bogs down as well, was it difficult to rebuild the carbs? Also, do you know how to look where the spark plug wires go into the electrcal box? I cannot tell how to remove the cover of the electrical box? Mine started bogging (missing) after it was flipped and hasn't been the same since.

It was not that hard to rebuild the carbs, the best advise i can give you is to spend the $10 and buy the electronic copy of the repair manual from ebay. that will be the best help, and will explain every thing in detail.

lugster84

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for the info, were you able to fix your problem?

madbull

Recruit

thanks for the info, were you able to fix your problem?

No it is still doing that and i have asked many people on many fourms but not been able to get a answer...:(

dunnitagain

Cadet

Sounds to me Like you have a problem with water filling the WaterBox and causing alot of Back Pressure on the Exhaust till it is purged by riding hard. Or you have a crack internal to the pipe, allowing water to enter exhaust before the stinger causeing a bog. Is the Big Rubber Hose from the WaterBox ( or Muffler) Flat or Kinked ? Did you check Pop-Off pressure on Carbs? What do the plugs look like? Reset the gap ?