Anyone have a TV on their toon?

RustyShackleford

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am thinking about getting a small LED TV for my toon so the kids can watch a DVD while the adults are sitting around chatting. LED TVs sip power, and, I think, will work ok in the sunlight. If not, it should be fine under the bimi. They are really light too, so fabbing a suitable mount should be very easy. I should be able to fab a spray guard too, but my toon doesn't really go fast enough to get much spray. Has anyone done this?

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone have a TV on their toon?

Wow add a sat dish and I could watch NASCAR while I'm out tooning. What a great idea!!

Glenn

RustyShackleford

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow add a sat dish and I could watch NASCAR while I'm out tooning. What a great idea!!

Glenn

There are relatively compact antenna pods that you can mount on boats for watching satellite TV. I have read that the carriers just charge you for an extra receiver.

I'm just looking for something for the kids though, so I didn't read much about that. I don't even have satellite at home.

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got XM on the boat, and 3 USB ports. Depending where I'm beached on the Colorado River I can get 5 bars of 4g signal, and in our favorite cove I get WiFi from the Laughlin Marina. Last month my DIL (a Realtor) sold a house and started Escrow papers sitting on the barge. Just uploaded Directv Everywhere on my Samsung Tablet, dying to see if I can stream video to it.

Ain't technology grand!!1

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I use a laptop to let the grand kids watch movies. DVD`s or stream them from netflix

Dragboatdad

Cadet

I have a sun tracker party cruiser, it has a cabin on it and I wanted to put a tv on it. Originally I was going to use satellite but you have to be stationary or spend a bundle on a dish that tracks satellite when moving. So I bought a good amplified omni-directional over the air antenna. I get all the networks and about 10 other channels all in hi def for free. I use an inverter and solar panels. I'm amazed how well it works and I'm on the Colorado river miles from any big cities. Sometimes some of the channels don't come in.
I also put a rear view camera and small monitor by the helm because of all the blind spots from driving inside.

Dragboatdad

Cadet

The antenna I am using is a Winegard ms 2002 digital HD 360. I got it for $40, it's round and I think it's for RV's.

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

I have 360 degree fully interactive TV on my boat. It's always on the "Lake" channel.