1989 Doral Classic 200 BR Capacity plate???

doralclassic

Recruit
I am the proud owner of a 1989 Doral Classic 200 BR with the 4.3 L engine. I has just occured to me (while preping for a trip up the river with several friends) that I cannot locate the capacity plate for my boat. I have called the Doral person here in Quebec Canada and he says that the company changed hands twice since then and it'll be difficult to get another one.
Can anyone tell me (or better - take a picture) what the information is on the capacity plate for the above boat?

Thanks,

Peter

Re: 1989 Doral Classic 200 BR Capacity plate???

I have a 1988 Cadorette 200 also made in Quebec. I had the same problem - no capacity plate so I checked the Canadian regulations and discovered that boats longer than 6 meters ( 19 ft 8 ins ) do not require a capacity plate. They only need a manufacturers conformity plate which you should find on the transom.
To calculate approximate capacity multiply length of boat by width and divide by 15 to give you # of people and then multiply # of people by 150 to give total weight. Remember these are a rough calculation only and you should play safe and stay well within those numbers!

doralclassic

Recruit

Thanks for the info.

Regarding your rule of thumb, am I measuring the boat in feet or inches for that calc?

Peter

Feet. For example if boat is 20' by 8' that is 160 divided by 15 equals 10+ people or 1500 lbs whichever comes first. Remember the 1500 includes extra "stuff" carried on the boat.
Enjoy your river cruise:)