Regal 2400 Transducer

low timer

Cadet
I have a bad transducer for the depth finder. Does anyone know the deadrise at the transducer which is the rear of the ski locker? Called Regal and they didn't have that information. I haven't been able to remove the old transducer, is there any reason why I couldn't mount the new transducer on the other side of the ski locker and leave the old transducer in place? Any tips for breaking loose the old transducer which is a shoot thru in hull type?

Thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Regal 2400 Transducer

You going to have to measure it yourself, apparently. A straightedge and protractor are all you'll need.

There is no problem with leaving the old transducer in place.

low timer

Cadet
Re: Regal 2400 Transducer

You going to have to measure it yourself, apparently. A straightedge and protractor are all you'll need.

There is no problem with leaving the old transducer in place.

Thanks. I'm thinking of cutting a new access hole in the ski locker and install the new transducer on the opposite side of the keel as the old transducer. I had hoped to install the new transducer in the bottom of the "V" of the keel to give me a little more needed height under the ski locker, but have been told to keep the transducer about six inches away from the bottom of the "V" in the hull.

Thanks again.