Trim gauge for 2002 60HP ELPTO Bigfoot 2 stroke

newcomlr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
looking to add a trim gauge to a 2002 60HP ELPTO Bigfoot 2 stroke. Anyone know if it has a factory sending unit? or do I need to add a sending unit?

There is a wire on the top front of the lower unit that doesn't appear to be connected to anything outside of the motor, so I'm wondering if that is from an internal trim position sender (wishful thinking I'm sure).

Thanks!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trim gauge for 2002 60HP ELPTO Bigfoot 2 stroke

Are you certain what you are looking at is a "wire" and not a black plastic tube that would be the internal pitot for a speedometer? It is highly doubtful the engine has a trim sender (internal or otherwise). Yes - the gauge needs a matching sender.

newcomlr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim gauge for 2002 60HP ELPTO Bigfoot 2 stroke

Not sure what it is. Is more of a tube shape coming to a point. Console doesnt have a speedo.

I did check a wiring diagram and don't see a brown/white wire in the diagram, so I'm guessing the motor does not have a sender. Haven't looked at the harness yet.

Is the install of the sender something I can do while boat is on the water? My guess is the difficult part on the water would be feeding wires to the console if the harness doesn't already have the wires, right? does any one happen to have install instructions?