Service Manual Question

MeanyMan

Cadet
I'm not the brightest light bulb in the package, so I am asking for anyones help on selecting the best service manual and where to get one. First, I have done lots of research and it is very confusing. I have a 2003 Mercury Mod#1050412AD ELPTO. I know that it has 3 cyl. cause it has 3 spark plugs. I'm not 100% sure if it's carb or Fuel Injected and the owners manual does not say. Some service manuals I have found say: Mercury/Mariner Service maunal with serial# starting with OG123456 and up. Now my serial # is OT640....etc. What are they saying? Does mine fall under that cause OT comes after OG?
Not sure if I would want to get a SELOC manual as I have read some post on here that those manuals are more like a Chilton Manual (for cars) and does not really explain much. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for reading. :confused:

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Service Manual Question

I'm not the brightest light bulb in the package, so I am asking for anyones help on selecting the best service manual and where to get one. First, I have done lots of research and it is very confusing. I have a 2003 Mercury Mod#1050412AD ELPTO. I know that it has 3 cyl. cause it has 3 spark plugs. I'm not 100% sure if it's carb or Fuel Injected and the owners manual does not say. Some service manuals I have found say: Mercury/Mariner Service maunal with serial# starting with OG123456 and up. Now my serial # is OT640....etc. What are they saying? Does mine fall under that cause OT comes after OG?
Not sure if I would want to get a SELOC manual as I have read some post on here that those manuals are more like a Chilton Manual (for cars) and does not really explain much. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for reading. :confused:

The model number indicates you have a 50hp carbed motor if it was EFI it would be a 1A51. The Service Manual is Merc Part Number 90-852572R02. You can order them from Merc Parts Express or www.crowleymarine.com. Hope that helps.

MeanyMan

Cadet
Re: Service Manual Question

Thanks CPO for the info. Gonna go check it out now. :D