Bow ice chest for a sylvan Sea breeze

Cdukes

Recruit
Hi,
Just bought my first boat (yay!). It's a Sylvan Sea Breeze 1409 TL. It's a pretty simple boat, but I'm happy to be able o have something for fishing :)
The boat:
http://www.sylvanmarine.com/showroo...ype=Utilities&Series=Sea Breeze&Model=1400 TL

My question:
Do you know if anyone makes a cooler/ice chest type thing that could be dropped into the bow area? I have a 15hp engine and even with my wife on board, there is still plenty of room for weight up front so I actually need to add something up there...especially if I go out alone. Plus, it'd be pretty nice to have.

Also, I bought two seats and they are currently mounted on the benches - is there something I can get to put the seats on a post or something between the bench areas? Or is that a bad idea? My seat, in back, is mounted off to the side so I can access the arm on the motor. As a result, the boat leans to the right. Thus, I thought if I could put the sea between the two back bench areas, I could center it.

Thanks!

64osby

Admiral
Re: Bow ice chest for a sylvan Sea breeze

Cd - find a cooler you like and fab some brackets that will hold it in place. I don't think anyone make one that will fit out of the box.

On the seats unless you have a floor, mounting a seat would mean holes in the hull. This can be done, but not the most popular idea.

I have a seat that is mounted to the bench, fuel tank and battery are on the port side to offset the weight.

Expidia

Commander

Congrats on your boat. My last boat was similar to yours. It was a 13 foot Sylvan Alaskan Deluxe. Had a full vinyl floor. Great boat but had to trade up because the max HP was limited to a 25hp. I figured a 25 hp on that boat plus gear would be too dangerous with 3 or 4 people too.

I've used the same cooler for my last 3 boats. I like the ballistic nylon type with the plastic insert, so they never leak. I think it's an Igloo that I bought in a Walmart. I just bungee it up front so it doesn't move around. You are on the right track balancing gear around on your boat. It makes a big difference with a small boat.

Iboats carrys something similar to the one I have. it's priced fair too as decent ones run from $40 to $50! Mine is probably like 10 years old already and still looks new! I cover it with a wet towel and a life preserver over it to further insulate it from the hot sun and it keeps food and beer cold for like 8-10 hours with one bag of ice.
http://www.iboats.com/Norcross-24-P...9342796--session_id.459574542--view_id.373945

Cdukes

Recruit

Thanks Guys!
I'll try to remember to post some pics when I finish building it - really, my very talented neighbor would get that credit, I'm just technology nerd :)