Please help me wiith starting problem 110 evinrude 89

the gman

Cadet
Finally have my rebuild 110 running good but it will not restart without having to open the throttle a bit, then it idles fine. I have installed Boyesen reeds and did there recommendated air jet change but still will not start without cracking open the throtlle and that is a pain. Now I cant find the sheet that came with the reeds so I am lost. Please Help

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Please help me wiith starting problem 110 evinrude 89

Using the fast Idle function is a normal part of stating procedure. That's why its there.

the gman

Cadet

Even after the motors warmed up

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Absolutely. A "hot soak" often results in a rich mixture which needs additional air.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Sorry, but a hot soak is usually a lean mixture as the fuel boils off from heat.

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry, but a hot soak is usually a lean mixture as the fuel boils off from heat.

The vapors that boil off hang around in the silencer and all around under the hood. When you crank a short while after stopping, there is still fuel unboiled in the carbs plus the vapors accumulated. Together you get a rich mixture which is easily cleared by opening the throttles and allowing the vapors to be dissipated. IMO :)

the gman

Cadet

either way it is a pain to pull out on the handle to restart the motor but thank you