Fuel hose size for 1966 650 also any insight on this paticular engine thanks all

iamwill1973

Seaman
Need to purchase tank and fuel line for a 1966 650 motor there is some sort of quick connect piece attatched to the fuel line and a male *** on the motor does anyone know what size this is? I am wanting to get fuel line in the next few days so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, I am also up for any insight on this engine I am in love with the look of this engine and would like to know more about it.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel hose size for 1966 650 also any insight on this paticular engine thanks all

Is it a standard Merc quick connect? If so, the one on the engine will look sorta like a male fuel barb, with a rod in the center, and two rods that stick out. The female quick connect is a grey metal (or plastic) cone, with two ears. You mate them, push the female tight and twist 1/4 turn CW.

iamwill1973

Seaman
Re: Fuel hose size for 1966 650 also any insight on this paticular engine thanks all

Thank You so much for your response chris1956 it has the original connects but should the fuel line be 3/8 or 5/16 or does that really matter? Did not know if it needed a certain size for fuel flow. I now know how to mate the quick connects though I tried lightly to connect them the po used a line he simply slid up over the barb and well I did not ask no where enough questions.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

5/16" ID fuel line will be fine on that motor.