Changing Fuse

bcovecrew

Cadet
I know this might sound stupid, but here goes.

Just bought a 1989 Regal Sebring 195 Open Bow.

The horn doesn't work and I wanted to check/change the fuse. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to open the spot for the fuse.

Right by horn switch (and several others, like the blower, pump, etc) is a place for the fuse. It looks like it should be a switch and should flick open, but I cannot get it to and I'm afraid of applying too much force and breaking it. A quick look at the documentation for the boat does not show how to do it and a google search was not forthcoming either.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Changing Fuse

Post a picture, there are about a ka-zillion different ways to opening fuse holders.

PS: Ka-zillion = a lot :p

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

Does the fuse holder look like this?
1305021c_2.png

If so, a quarter turn counterclockwise should do it. With some others, you push in and it pops out.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Doesn't have a rubber boot on it, does it?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Or is it a little white button that is not a fuse at all, but rather a circuit breaker.

bcovecrew

Cadet

HTML:
Or is it a little white button that is not a fuse at all, but rather a circuit breaker.

I think is is the correct answer. I was thinking it would be a fuse that I could open and replace. The switch I was describing was actually a reset. I was able to get the unit out of the dashboard and get a part number for replacement.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read, consider and respond!

This is it...http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70199162