No Water Pressure

Help! I purchased a '93 Stratos Fish and Ski with the Johnson 150 Mdl J150GLETG. We took the boat out for the first time and idling slow, speeds under 3000 RPM, the motor seemed to do fine with no problem. We ran the boat up to 4000, then 4500 and 4800 rpm's. The motor ran at these rpm's for approx 2 minutes, then the engine went into safe mode. The warning buzzer did no sound. I cycled the key and the motor started up fine, we took off and as long we were idling on low rpm's, everything was fine. We repeated the same process, low speed gradually increasing until safe mode. I noticed the water pressure gauge seemed low, but this was the first time I had the boat out. The gauge was under 10 and sometimes to zero. After the 3rd time the alarm sounded. We let it sit until the the buzzer went off. We returned to the dock.

I replaced the impeller and housing in the lower unit although the impeller in the boat did not look bad or damaged.

After cranking the motor on the hose with the new impeller, the tell tail was pumping water, but still no water pressure on the gauge. I removed the thermostats to check and noticed they looked dry, I started the motor briefly to see what type of waterflow was pumping through the thermostats. Very little, I was surprised with the little amount of water along with the length of time it took the water to make it to the top of the engine. I back flushed the engine by hooking up the water hose to the tell tail port at the back of the engine. I had plenty of water flowing through the block and thermostat jackets. I then reinstalled the thermostats and with the back flush the gauge responded with 5-6 psi.

Removed lower unit to check impeller and seem to be installed properly. Any suggestions????

Thanks

Re: No Water Pressure

Does anyone know why I would have a pee stream but no water pressure after changing the waterpump. This was the issue with the original water pump.

Re: No Water Pressure

Problem Solved. I checked the impeller and water pump, all good. put the lower unit back together and took out with great results. Pressure increased as RPM's increased. I paniced since there was no pressure running on the hose.