68 omc 307 evinrude rogue II 210 dwell timing and fuel sender

hardstripe

Cadet
Just trying to find the specs for these, anyone know what I should set these at? What resistance should my sender be? Just noticed my typo in the title, i believe its a 307 chevy smallblock, according to the identification on this site-
http://www.hhscott.com/evinrude/stringer_models_72.htm
1968 210 V-8 307 RJ14YC 4MV Chevy TU-17R TUE-17R

Last edited:

hardstripe

Cadet
Re: 68 omc 307 evinrude rogue II 210 dwell timing and fuel sender

Well I did some more digging- if anyone else starts looking around for points, dwell, timing ect, most of the info you would ever need is in the faq, especially in the pdf repair manual. My original search included these key words but that didnt help me, as my answer was within a file on another website linked from this forum, so hopefully my post here will send folks in the right direction.

I am a little confused still on the ohms for the sender, so prepare for a nub question- if 90 ohms reads full, then the operating range of the sender is 0-90 ohms, correct?

hardstripe

Cadet

so if I stripped out the screw hole that secures my points is there a fix? thinking of tapping it and getting a larger screw, but not sure if it will be correct for adjustment after that.. what do you guys think?

LAC_STS

Master Chief Petty Officer

I dunno about your dizzy but on mine you can buy the plate that the points and condensor screw down to.

hardstripe

Cadet

that would be pretty helpful- this is what Im using OMC-MALLORY YLM624AV, Ill do a little digging, see what I can find- all else fails Ill call Mallory tomorrow.

hardstripe

Cadet

because my model number isnt in there. 1968, model# 441605 S. check it yourself, no bueno.

LAC_STS

Master Chief Petty Officer

Well if you google the model number of your dizzy you can find a couple sites that list additional parts for the dizzy. They don't list the plate though.

So I am guessing that you cannot buy it. I dunno. I did see an electronic conversion kit for $90-100. It is a magnet thing on a plate. So if you got one of those it would replace the plate.

But you would have to figure out how to make it work with your ESA.

Other than that I think you may need a new dizzy. Unless you can tap&die it.

hardstripe

Cadet

its not available, Ill have to try and tap it with a slightly larger screw