Lower end doesnt stay up

mitchell2345

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi,

I have noticed my lower end slowly goes down when on the trailer. After about a week it will loose just a couple inches but this time its been two weeks in storage and the motor was all the way down.

Is this a problem that needs to be corrected? Obviously i need to remember to raise it before towing but do i need to be worried about anything else?

Thanks,
Mitchell

Re: Lower end doesnt stay up

Hydraulic leak-any signs of fluid? or internal seal/valve failing. Concern would be a sudden worsening of problem while moving and dropping the drive onto the road:(

thumpar

Admiral

Mine does that and always has. They make things to keep it up. I have them. It is kind of like a pvc tube missing a section out of it where you slide them over the rams. Some day I will rebuild the rams but it has never caused a problem the way it is.

series60

Chief Petty Officer

Mine does that and always has. They make things to keep it up. I have them. It is kind of like a pvc tube missing a section out of it where you slide them over the rams. Some day I will rebuild the rams but it has never caused a problem the way it is.

FWIW: Much better on the bellows to store the drive in the down position. Make two pvc stops for trailing the outdrive in the up position.