Evinrude identification mystery

ukesox

Recruit
I've just bought an Evinrude motor with the ID of BE5DRLETB. Looking at the ID charts it tells me I have a Belgian Evinrude 5hp, Derated with rope start, 20 inch shaft which was manufactured in 1993. However, when i checked no 5HP is listed as being manufactured in 1993 ??? It would appear that Evinrude stopped making a 5HP engine in 1968 & then re-intoduced them in 1998!!! Can anyone throw some light on this for me please...was the 5HP a limited production for the European market perhaps ???

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Evinrude identification mystery

I can't ansewer your question, but if you call BRP, I bet they could ansewer your question.

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer

There are some motors out there that dont show up in US catalogs and model listings, my 1976 Johnson 20 hp is another example.
The last time I ordered parts for it the guy behind the counter couldnt find a listing for it in his main catalog but then he brought out another old catalog, blew the dust off of it and found the elusive 20BA76D that was sold in Canada but not the USA.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

I have a model number list that has it on it.
Probably most parts from the 6hp of the same year will fit except the carb and maybe intake manifold.