build cost material verses material

has anyone thought or know of calculations for the use of diffrent materials. it seems that to save money on one material you could spend more on another material to make up for a weekness on the cheap one.

1/ poly verses epoxy. we all know that epoxy is more expensive but a better product so to end up with 2 products with the same life expectancy.

how much glass do you need add on a poly floor to equal a min build with epoxy on a floor

how much glass do you need add on a poly transom to equal a min build with epoxy on the transom

if you was carefull could you use poly for pb then when dry use epoxy to cover the stringers etc

2/ pourable verses wood transom (materials only not time). if the pocket could be saved etc so the pourable required no real glass work it would save on x amount of material like wood glass etc so how much would a transom cost in wood / glass compaired to one poured (transom up to 10 gallons)

i spent $1450 on materials to redo the bottom of my bass boat 650 of that was poly resin which would have been $100 dollars more for dangerous cargo (20 gallons) if it had been delivered epoxy doesnt seem to have a dangerous cargo add on. so im wondering if i had gone with a diffrent approach say a more expensive product would i have saved money in the end by reducing my resin/fiberglass bill. im thinking it would have been real close on the transom had i used 3m nida-core pourable compaired to a Arauco Plywood transom