2010 optimax pro-xs... blown powerhead.. question about warranty I should get.

Been having issues with my 2010 optimax pro-xs 150 hours. First an ignition coil went bad. Boat was at a ****ty repair place (although they were merc certified) for a month trying to figure it out, so I lost my boat for a good chunk of the season. I get the boat back and run it for a couple weeks and the thing fricken has a small explosion when I'm WOT and I open up the cowl and see all kinds of shrapnel.

I drop it off to my now good repair guys and they have me ****ting my pants saying they hope I didn't do anything wrong or it's on me. They call me a couple days later saying merc shipped them brand new powerhead and whatever else was needed.. 7k in parts and it's covered under warranty. Now here's my deal... I paid good money for this motor and my warranty is up March 2013. The last thing I want to do is put this boat on the lake next summer and have this thing blow up again and me be **** out of luck. Anybody know what type of warranty I should be getting on the new powerhead? The mechanic told me he thought it was 2 years which I would be ok with but then he reverted and thought maybe since I had the extended warranty, it would only last until my warranty was up. I'm going to call him back tomorrow and try and figure this out. Input from people who know about this would be appreciated.