New to this and need help and ideas

MprTX21

Recruit
Hi my name is mathew and i live in texas they gave me this boat and i want to know what kind of boat it is and any ideas or tips to make it a fishing boat will post pics in a bit and through out the restoration. Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: New to this and need help and ideas

You can post more then 1 pix per post. And I'm not sure how your posting the pix, but it links to a pix. If you copy the IMG code under the pix and paste it into your post it shows up big & directly in your post:
2885790271u_1x424x360f1326433034.jpg

The IMG code looks like this when it's pasted: {IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/2885790271u_1x424x360f1326433034.jpg[/IMG}

Having 5 or 6 big pix to look thru & compare will make it easier to help figure out what you've got. Is it a fiberglass (glass/glasser) or an aluminum (tin/tinny) boat?

Welcome to Iboats.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

1343964123.jpg

1343964501.jpg

1343964519.jpg

Last edited:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

might be able to get a moderator to clear out posts #2-#8...just to clean things up a bit

also check out the "how to" thread on posting pictures...makes it easier

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats!!

Here is the link for posting photos http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=533219

You owe these guys a great big thank you for jumping in and helping out your post ;) Thanks gentlemen.

As you can see I "cleaned up" the thread a bit. I deleted the posts where the images did not show up since our fellow iboats member's helped out!!

That is an UGLY boat!! :eek: but you are in the exact place you need to be to fix that!! :D

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

now, i wouldn't call his boat "ugly"....just that it has a "nice personality" :D

but definitely has potential...
did you get the paperwork needed to get registration and title and whatever you need to make it legally yours???
i wouldn't put much into the boat until you get all the "ownership" secured first...

i could really see that as a 2 seater with a 5.0 merc w/alpha 1 in it :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

The boat ain't ugly, and I think the cellphone pix don't help, but yeah, that green, it's absolutely got to go!

Post up a length & width could be helpful, but if it's anywhere near 12', say 11.5' - 12.5' long I'd bet it's this:
Bluestarbxx004.jpg

From here

I think a 30hp would be sporty on this rig. Esp if it's near the original red w/ that Merc peeking over the transom. A pair would be even more sporty:
61252-500-0.jpg

But a nicely redone smaller Merc would be ideal:
258227AWSAccessKeyId1XXJBWHKN0QBQS6.jpg

You might want to start hanging out here, lots of great tin work going on over there. And here's a thread w/ projects in various stages of resto & re-splash.

MprTX21

Recruit

Thank you for your help with tbe pics i was try so many ways and never got it so thank you for cleaning it up about the boat tje paper work is in progress it is aluminum the lenght of the boat is 13'7" and its 5' wide This is a weekend project i would like it for fishing i want to know the wieght cap on it if any one knows were i can find more info that would be great thank you agian

jbcurt00

Staff member

Look thru the 1st docs/pix at the Fiberglassics.com library I linked for BlueStars. It has a late 1950's Fiesta that's listed as 14', which is 'accurate' for the 13' 7" it actually measures. My 15' Jet is 14' 9".......

There are a few late 50's early 60's BlueStars that were classed 14', but are 61" wide. Some boats are measured at both the transom & again at maximum beam. My Jet is max width between both gunwales across at the helm seat.

But most of the BlueStar's in those charts at 14' +/- have a 4person capacity. 150lbs is often the standard 'person' weight.....

I don't think it shows max weight capacity for people, gear & motor....

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i think it might be this one:
Bluestarbxx008.jpg