What to use for the floor

bigheaded5

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Picked up a second SPORTCRAFT today and the floor is SHOT. I ripped it out with my son and this weekend we should be ready for the new install. my question is what can you use for the floor?

I hear 3/4 marine grade ply is preferred, but wondering if you can use any other type of 3/4 thats available at the local lumber yard (cheaper) A friend told me you can use standard 3/4 ply and just coat it with epoxyB 8~1~12 (7).jpgB 8~1~12 (10).jpgB 8~1~12 (13).jpg

Trooper82

Commander
Re: What to use for the floor

I used 3/4 Auroco ply..covered it with CSM and poly resin.....

Is that stringer and those bulkheads ok?

bigheaded5

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, everything under the floor is solid.... maybe I know it as another name>? What is Auroco Ply?

Bondo

Staff member

Picked up a second SPORTCRAFT today and the floor is SHOT. I ripped it out with my son and this weekend we should be ready for the new install. my question is what can you use for the floor?

I hear 3/4 marine grade ply is preferred, but wondering if you can use any other type of 3/4 thats available at the local lumber yard (cheaper) A friend told me you can use standard 3/4 ply and just coat it with epoxyView attachment 161798View attachment 161799View attachment 161800

Ayuh,.... Even 5/8" if yer gonna glass, 'n resin it,... 'ell,... 1/2" is enough, if glassed...

Fancy Marine plywood is used on Yachts, 'n Classic restorations,...

Workin' boats are built with exterior plywood...;)

bigheaded5

Petty Officer 2nd Class

THATS what I was thinking :) its a MAN boat!