back in buisness

Hello to all. been a couple of years. im back to working on my 16ft. starcraft nassau. found a new windshield. got the floors and foam out, and hopefully pulling motor off in the next week. I would like to know if anyone knows where i can buy the big dow extruded flotation foam billets in the northern ohio area? the 4x20x8ft ones:facepalm:

barato2

Commander
Re: back in buisness

you may find it easier to find extruded foam in up to 2" thicknesses, sold at bigbox stores as insulation. likely easier to cut than the really thick stuff too unless you have a hot knife arrangement

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Yep lots of guys cut the pink sheets and custom fit it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back, SD. When I put new flooring in my Nassau I tossed all the old styrofoam except the two long pieces on either side of the stringer. I only saved these because it was dry and just was a nice fit with the taper. Replaced the rest with pink board. Is your styro all trashed? Sorry I'm no help the stuff you're looking for.

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

where's the pics? love seeing them nassua's. no help here either on the foam, Like GA I reused the large pcs. and pinked the rest with some noodles thrown in for good measure. The large sheets of insulation are out of my budget range around here, unlike all new topside crome, complete steering package, ext. plywood, paint....:D

barato2

Commander

i love it..."PINKED"....the starmada adds a new verb to the language

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I wonder if pinking shears are good for cutting when pinking an SC? I just scored and broke.

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm pretty sure my wife would kick my butt if her pinking shears were used on the pink. Wouldn't be in the pink:facepalm:

Thanks for all the info. G_boater I think Im going to follow your lead. I did save the two long center foam billets. They are in good shape. Just a little dirty. I found a guy locally selling 3inx4ftx8ft dow blue closed cell sheets for 35 a piece......Im gonna try to deal on the price. but 15 bucks cheaper than home depot. I think this forum is great. Thankyou again everyone. Im trying to figure out how to get pics off my smartphone of the work thats been done. Hopefully be posted soon.......you gotta see the engine stand I built! Overkill all the way!

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

looks good, must be some carpenter in your blood

Hello all. My nassau is now stripped and ready for prep and paint. I scrubbed everything down and even got all the drains running down the keel un-gunked and working properly. My question is how do I turn this bad boy over?? I have noticed that some of you have done this. I was thinking a couple rolls of carpet about 4 dudes and a 12 pack but im sure you guys have better ideas! any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks

I finally got her flipped. found some thick grey silicone type stuff cover what i think would be holes in the aluminium about the size of a penny two different places. I figure a good razor blade should show me better what is realy going on.2012-09-16 13.09.54.jpg2012-09-16 13.10.19.jpg