4.3 OMC Cobra running rich

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've been through the crap Seloc manual (I've got the OMC manual on my PC but haven't consulted it yet) trying to find an adjustment on my 2bbl Holley carb. When I put her in gear she coughs for a moment or two before I am able to get underway. Might be an ESA related issue but I can smell that she is running rich and want to adjust the carb for this. Any ideas on where this adjustment is a on the carb fellow boaters?

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 4.3 OMC Cobra running rich

Should be one on port and one on starboard. They are on the metering block right behind the bowl. A straight blade screwdriver is used.

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks. I believe I've seen them- -very thin flat head screws. Are they like a high speed and low speed jet screws? I would assume the low speed jet needs to be adjusted for a leaner mix.

Should be one on port and one on starboard. They are on the metering block right behind the bowl. A straight blade screwdriver is used.

Idlespeedonly

lowspeed only. The high speed are a fixed orifice. Keep in mind you could have a leaking power valve. Its a 10 dollar part. So its not a big deal either.

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Really appreciate your help on all this. I have never heard of a power valve. Is that part of the carb?

lowspeed only. The high speed are a fixed orifice. Keep in mind you could have a leaking power valve. Its a 10 dollar part. So its not a big deal either.

Idlespeedonly

Yes.it threads into the metering block.