First Boat - Updated Pictures

jr88fan

Seaman
With some help from this forum I purchased my first boat a few weeks ago, actually July 21st. I have had the boat on the lake 4 times and mechanically all seems okay. Motor and outdrive seem pretty strong although I have to admit I am still a little confused by the trim and how I am supposed to work that but I guess that comes with experience.

I have done some minor work on the exterior of the boat and I wanted to share some pics. I am pretty excited about having a boat so I guess I just wanted to share what I have done so far and get some feedback. I know there is still a lot of work to do but it all has to start somewhere!
DSCN1002.JPGDSCN1004.JPGDSCN1007.JPGDSCN1014.JPGDSCN1019.JPG

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: First Boat - Updated Pictures

Looks like new, enjoy your new boat. On the trim, what I do is go WOT then move trim till the boat planes out nice and smooth, you will hear the motor smooth out also. the trim will be different at all speeds.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Nice boat........ do not be afraid to back away with the camera, so you can get the whole boat in a single picture!

What did you use on the teak?

jr88fan

Seaman

I might have used the wrong thing on the teak! I used Minwax stain (3 coats) and Helsman satin urethane varnish (4 coats with a 220 light sand between coats 1 and 2).

Levinz11

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I might have used the wrong thing on the teak! I used Minwax stain (3 coats) and Helsman satin urethane varnish (4 coats with a 220 light sand between coats 1 and 2).

It doesn't look BAD. But if it starts to crack and peel, sand the varnish off and use TEAK OIL.

mippel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking good, for the next picture, add boat to water. :)

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good looking boat. Congrats and enjoy.

jr88fan

Seaman

Heading to the lake shortly. I will get some pictures on the water!

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Nice looking ride! Chaparral boats are great!