quicksilver 3000 housing assembly

stebro13

Cadet
Anybody have a link to a detailed drawing of the housing assembly for a quicksilver 3000 the part that the cables actually are attached to. Already have the control (handle assy) looking for how the guts of the housing are assembled. Thanks to all in advance.

stebro13

Cadet
Re: quicksilver 3000 housing assembly

Hi,
already have this info. Looking for the details of the part that this is mounted to where the cables are connected.
If you have a link, please advise.
Thanks.

stebro13

Cadet

Getting closer. Here are some pictures of what I have.
Need to know if the pin through the splined shaft is supposed to be like this or should it be straight?
Does the pin actually a drive rod?
Meaning does it engage into the slot below?
The 6 small strips at the bottom right fell out of the part. I'm assuming that these are shims, but where do the go?
Is the washer supposed to be 2 halfs? Does it alaign over the pin?DSC01270.jpgDSC01271.jpgDSC01272.jpg
The complete assembly is part # 827270a27 which appears to be an obsolete part. Is there a direct replacement?
Wife is tired of paddling back to shore and won't get back into the boat till it's repaired properly.
That may not be a bad thing in the long run as it would be a little qieter when fishing:)

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant

Looking at some of the diagrams (for a variety of controllers) in the pdf I referenced previously - looks like that pin is supposed to be straight and the washer is supposed to be whole. Didn't see anything looking like those shims. However, not sure if your's is one of the ones shown.

Was there a previous owner who might have done some "work" on the controller?

stebro13

Cadet

I didn't actually see the shims fall out, but they did have grease on them and right below the controler and right after I removed the back cover. There is a location to the left of the housing in the 1st picture where they would fit nicely, but when I put back the gear assembly it doesn't fit very well. PO never touch anything behind there. I was thinking the same about the washer, but there was no indication of any metal bits withing the housing. Very frustrating that not much info about it is available. Would have been suprised if the pin was mfg'd like in the picture. I'll replace that and see if anything happens. If you find anything else about it, it would be much appreciated. Will keep you posted on my trials & errors. Thanks.

stebro13

Cadet

Have figured it out.
What I was refering to as SHIMS are actually the DETENT SPRINGS as shown on page 213 and are mounted sideways.
The washer is actually the LOCKING RING
The LOCKING PIN should be straight as shown on PAGE 420
The THROTTLE - ONLY SHAFT is a piece of crap and is doomed to fail.
A plastic part with only about 3/32" of material on the spring side holding the GEAR SHIFT PIN in place.
When this lets go, it is only a matter of time before there is so much play in the parts by being able to move around freely and start to break. Eventualy causing a binding situation of being stuck in gear or stuck in neutral.
A metal part (which I am making a new one out of) would prevent this from ever happening (at least in my case)
Thanks to all for your help.