Need help identifing engine specs and where to find parts

mpmaza2id

Cadet
I just got a boat that a guy was giving away because it needs a new floor. He didnt know much about the boat so i need to find out more about this engine. the serial number is either 0B979183 or 0879183 i just cant tell if the second digit is a 8 or B. I would like to know what year and some basic specs like horse power and where to find parts for it. I attached a picture of the engine if it helps. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 0

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Need help identifing engine specs and where to find parts

ENG: 0B915081 Model # 450S100AS MERCRUISER 5.0L ALPHA
DRV: 0B979183 Model # 5010165AS MERCRUISER ALPHA 1.65:1

Is the boat a 1988 19 ft fiberking, Model "Vanguard" ? if so, run your serial numbers in the link below for more info/parts look up,
https://webapps.brunswick.com/literature/literatureSearch.do

mpmaza2id

Cadet

Yes it is its a 19 foot 1988 fiberking Vanguard Bomber. Thanks thats the first website i have seen that breaks down a parts list. Also do you know where i can find the specs for this motor as far as horsepower.

mpmaza2id

Cadet

That information is found in the service manual. You have a 200 hp engine.

http://boatinfo.no/lib/mercruiser/manuals/mercruiser9.html#/20

Thanks alot this will help me out a ton. The engine and the out drive seem to be in good shape. I just need to flush all the fluids and i will probably replace all the belts and hoses too. But i got the boat for free so as long as i dont drop to much money into it i will be happy.

Fun Times

Staff member

Thanks thats the first website i have seen that breaks down a parts list.
That's because the site comes directly from brunswick/Mercruiser.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

First off - welcome to iboats

Thanks alot this will help me out a ton. The engine and the out drive seem to be in good shape. I just need to flush all the fluids and i will probably replace all the belts and hoses too. But i got the boat for free so as long as i dont drop to much money into it i will be happy.

if your planning on restoring the boat, do a bit of reading in the restoration section. read posts from oops, friscoboater, and woodonglass. new floor is guaranteed to need new stringers and most likely a new transom. you will be better off ahead finding a hull to put your free motor and outdrive into.