Silly question , is this worth anything? (see picture)

OHfishing

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a boats , the previous owner had the outboard stolen , the thieves cut everything they could to make a fast get away, So I bought the boat and I have to remove whats left of the motors tilt hydraulics , my question is , is whats left here on the boat worth anything to anyone ? or is it junk , is it worth my time trying to sell this to someone who needs it or am I wasting my time ?? exactly what is this and whats it worth?

018.jpg006.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Silly question , is this worth anything? (see picture)

Sure is worth something....... go to ebay and see what they are selling for.

OHfishing

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Exactly what is it Bob? Anybody?

NYBo

Admiral

It's the power tilt & trim unit, and it looks rather new. Find out from the previous owner what make, year, and HP the motor was so you can advertize it properly. If it works, it should be worth a coupe of hundred bucks.

OHfishing

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats yhat i was hoping on hearing. That will help out with the cost of repairs! Thanks!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

also, it looks like an after-market, not one that came with the motor. i think there should also be fittings on the motor; that may be the hard part unless you can get them from the tilt manufacturer. The motor may have been an OMC?

while looking around ebay, etc. look for someone who wants an OB bracket that size, too.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The entire stern of that boat yells money.......

The motor mount
Trim Unit
Swim ladder
Steering connecting rod

I would just sell the mount and tilt/trim. If you advertise it locally......maybe the thieves will need it! :eek:

Nice aluminum hulled cuddy cabin boat. What is it? I hope you are going to keep it and re-power it.

OHfishing

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I called the previous owner , he bought the boat from a neighbor after the outboard was stolen , he had the idea of re-powering it and fixing it up and changed his mind when he found a soft floor. So he is going to find out exactly what year & make & hp outboard came off the boat. I also planned to sell the swim platform and add a new one.

Bob I am in fact re-powering , after I fix the deck....

I have always wanted a starcraft islander , this boat a sylvan offshore 22' is the same boat, It needs a lot of work but I'm game. Im happy to hear the tilt & trim may be worth something as I have a wife not happy about me restoring up another boat. So every cent helps

I have 1 restore stringers and all under my belt on a glass boat , so Im looking at it this way , it cant be as hard as what I have already done!

Im going to take my time , ask a lot of questions here on this forum , and re-power with 200-240 hp. something nice

If anyone wants to trade me their Evinrude etech 225 hp for this tilt trim I will throw in the swim platform ;-)

Thanks for being a great help