Installing Marine Stereo

BayouCajun

Recruit
Just purchased a new Sony Marine stereo for my bass boat & I'm wondering if it's an option to install the stereo 90 degrees on its side rather than horizontal...I'd prefer not to cut another hole on side of my fiberglass console and have no room underneath to use a enclosure type mount. I'd prefer to mount it under my console on the side wall to keep it out of site from potential predators, thus requiring it to be installed on its side. My stereo has a CD player as well as AUX front input for my iPhone to plug too, just wondering if it will damage the stereo to install on its side. Thanks in advance for any responses on my issue.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Installing Marine Stereo

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

The only concern would be the CD player mechanism. If your owner's manual doesn't address the issue, give a call to Sony.

BayouCajun

Recruit

Thanks Captain...I'll give Sony a call...The CD player was my big concern as well, since radio stations are far & few out on the water, the CD player will be used most often!

NYBo

Admiral

You could also just use the auxiliary jack and not worry about the CD player if Sony nixes the idea.