Water Powerd Jet Pack!

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander
jetpack1.jpgjetpack2.jpgjetpack3.jpg
these guys came by the marina yesterday on thier jet ski powred "jet pack". My buddy Craig took about 10 min but learned to fly it great. Thrust is from the hose mounted to the jet ski pump.The jet ski driver controls the amount of thrust.

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Water Powerd Jet Pack!

Lol, yeah real convenient if you want to pay a couple thousand for the apparatus and several grand more for the jet ski to power it. Then you have to find a friend to help you run it, while you sit in one spot. Interesting concept, came out several years ago, but not really that practical.

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Couple grand? Google it! I saw a guy on our lake with one and the MSRP is 99K.

jmznshana

Seaman Apprentice

Couple grand? Google it! I saw a guy on our lake with one and the MSRP is 99K.

2 different units... The one in the OP's pic is the Flyboard.. They are around $6600. the backpack one is the one that's 100k.... Either way at those prices even the Flyboard will be priced out of existence soon enough..

Seen the Flyboard in use 2 times in person.. VERY COOL to watch someone on it that has experience..

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

Yes indeed- not practical but could great for a rental company in the right area. They we trying to "Launch" thier biz by some expossure.
Grapevine Lake has huge rental fleet of jet skis, pontoons , party barge & wake board & wake surf boats. Even the SUP paddle board biz does well. True the rental customers can be a pain, I wish the guys luck.
It was really cool to watch. Who has not dreamed as a kid flying a Jet Pack? Even us old fat guys enjoyed the show.